Question

3channing

Need better APR's
I have a few cards with zero balances or activity and have started using them every three months -- paying on-time.

Some banks have lowered my spending limit and Juno closed my account for inactivity, without notice. My income hasn't changed, I have a 1% debt to credit ratio but no assets except investments.

I know I can get a better APR with other cards but don't want the activity of applying, or closing a credit card account affect my credit score.

I want more credit at my disposal but don't know the best way.

Most Helpful Response

Then you need to utilize what you have. rather than every 3 months, you need to start using your cards every month and pay them off in full. Just use them whenyou go buy gas for your car each month and pay off the Statement Balance. You won't be charged any interest, you will be building your on-time payment history and buisling trust with your current card companies which will in turn increase your credit limit. In addition have you tried calling your current card companies to ask them to lower your APR and increase your credit line? Most of them won't raise your credit limit upon request, so you are going to just need to use your cards monthly, but they will lower your APR, I have done it on all of my cards.  Other than the above advice you are asking the impossible, there is no other way to get a higher credit line if you do not want to open a new card other than to target the cards you currently have.

Re: JBirley15

Thanks, I will start using them for gas and other consumables. I appreciate the advice and will call the companies.

One of the cards is @19% which makes me reluctant to use it. 19%!?!?

I don't deserve an APR that high, I've been in good standing with my credit for over 10 years. Thanks again!