Question

Drakhsa

Need advise on credit report
I had opened my CC during my checking account opening at a Bank branch and provided all the documents that were necessary at the time. When I logged in into my bank website only checking account showed but not CC. I logged a complaint but by that time I had made several purchase.

I was frustrated and finally decided to call their help line and transfer the 'entire amount that i owed' on the credit card from my checking account. I told that i had stopped using the card since a week. The phone representative said that the technical error with my profile could only be resolved if i visited the bank branch in person. Then I completely stopped using the card.
I couldn’t visit the branch until December 2014 when i was told that the card was closed and i had an outstanding amount of $55 !!! I was shocked i had received no calls no collection agency threats or even a letter warning me of my CC account closure.
Now i realized that my credit report has a 'severe delinquency' reported on it as i had 2 120 days late, a 90, 60 and 30 days late payment and a remark - 'credit card closed by grantor' reported. This entire time i had applied and used a second credit CC from a Credit Union and i have ZERO late payment record with them. I have never missed a single payment in full. I had no intension of default of $55. Its that I didn’t know I owed any balance on the credit card as I couldn’t check it online and no communication was made from the bank. I would appreciate any advice on this regard. Should i dispute it with the CA or send good will mail to the EO ?

I would work on sending "Goodwill Letters" or call the bank or stop in and explain your situation to a manager. Keep trying and don't give up.