Question

drwarbucks

Need advise on authorized user status I am list on.
My mother put me on her credit card as an authorized user when I needed help rebuilding my credit. I have since improved my finances. I used the card and paid my debt off. Unknown to me until I subscribed to credit karma, my mother has let my sister use the card and know is late making payments. I want to be taken off the card. Is this easy to do, and what happens to the good credit history I built on the card. It is my oldest credit history. Her late payment is yet to reflect on the account according to credit karma. Hoping to avoid derogitory info on my report.Help!!!!

Yes, it is easy to get removed, all your mother should have to do is call in. Yes, you should get yourself removed from it if there are going to be late payments on it.

When you are an authorized user on a card, creditors will probably not know who is using the card and paying it, so they are not going to miss seeing the positive use by you, because they can't see it any way. You need cards in your own name, even if they have to be secured.