Question

dm444

Need advice on improving credit score
I have a credit card that is interest free till 3/2016 . The card has a $10,000 limit and I have a $8,200 balance on the card. My current score is 669 and one of the factors credit karma says is for my low credit score is because I am over utilizing a credit card above 75%..

My plan was to pay off the entire balance of the card and keep it open which would get rid of the over utilizing of the card.

Would paying off the card early and in full bring my score from 669 well above 700?

OR

Should I make 1 payment now to bring the balance of the card to 25% percent and then pay the rest of the card in equal amounts before the Interest free period??

Trying to figure out what will have the most impact?

Obviously, the more that you pay down the more it will help your utilization and the more that will help your scores. If you can afford to, pay it all off. Keep in mind though that you always want at least one credit card to report a small balance every month so your scores are not dinged for not using any revolving credit for the month. If you cannot afford to pay it all off, pay as much as you can and it will help. Regarding how much your score will increase, it really is hard to say as all credit profiles are different.