Question

Kaydakam

Need advice on how to raise my score
I have $2000 showing on my reports I owe my score is a ****ty 500 what is best way to raise score (pay the company direct or the collection agency?

1) pay off the debts with the collection agency (and try to negotiate a "pay for deletion" arrangement where they remove the negative marks in exchange for payment.)
--

2) try to rebuild your credit with a small secured credit card (you deposit $500, they give you a credit card with a $500 limit.)

--

3) pay all your bills faithfully, on time. Meanwhile, try to increase that limit after six months to a year of faithful use/payments, or get a second card the same way.

--

4) (and this is the hardest part): give it time. The bad stuff falls off after 7 years for most things, and 10 years for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy.