Question

FaeFrog

Need advice, new job, medical charge offs, refinance home mortgage...
I'm looking for a new job, I have about 2k in medical charge offs and I owe less than 50% of what my home is worth.... My current credit scores are 683/694 and I'm using 9% of my "available credit". Do you think the new job will prevent me from getting a loan?

Most lenders do want to see that you've been at your current job for a while, so yes, switching to a new job and then applying for a loan may cause trouble for you. If you need to apply for a loan I would do so before you leave your current job. Read about "pay for delete agreements" if you find yourself in a position to pay the collections. Also be aware that sometimes collection companies may settle for less than the amount owed, but that may eliminate hope for a "pay for delete" but is surely worth trying.