Question

nojtek

Need advice handling collection accounts
I have been working on my credit for about a year and a half now. Fico scores are 663, 666, and 674. This is about to change because of an issue I had with schooling and something just went to collections. I have 3 accounts in collections now. Two medical bills totaling about $380, and the new collection that is around $4200. What is the best way, if any, to maximize the repair to my credit by taking care of these accounts. Ex. sending a letter asking that it be removed sooner than 7 years etc. I know the damage is done, but researching after researching I am not sure how to go about resolving these marks on my credit. The medical bills are showing that they are from 2009 and 2011. Thanks.

The best way to get rid of the accounts is to negotiate a pay per delete agreement with each creditor.  They agree in writing to remove the account from your report once it is paid.  Otherwise, you'll have to wait for them to fall off.