Question

mike159

Need advice for my credit
Hello, so I'm 21 years old and my credit is 533. And that's horrible.. I know.. And my wife and I decided to get rid of our car. And we owed $12,000 on it. We were paying 18% interest rate on it. And we have a lot f other debit, like school, hospital bill, one credit card each. I would like to know if and how much the credit will increase if we forfeit the car? Will it decrease the credit? Or increase it?

Most Helpful Response

Your credit will DECREASE  if you give back the car.  Can you trade it in for something much cheaper?  Visit www.credit.about.com and read the tab "Pay Off Debt"; tons of great info and  you don't even have to sign up or anything.  Best of luck!