Question

HelpPlease7

Need advice (First Premier)
I have a first premier charge off from 8/13. It continues to update and show a balance of 399 which is killing my utilization even though it's closed.

They sent me an offer a few weeks ago to transfer the balance to a new card....no thanks.

The problem is, do I pay it off and help my utilization or just wait for it to eventually fall off? I just got two secured cards, Bank of America and Capital One, along with 3 store cards which should help my utilization. My total available credit would be about 1200. This one has been haunting me and I don't even want to contact them for fear of making it wors . I'm at about 544 right now but I believe it's because this first premier card is making my utilization appear to be 133%.

Thanks in advance!

Most Helpful Response

Pay it off.  Also you can see if they will accept a lower pay off amount.  Either way it's going to be on your credit report for at least another 3 to 6 years.