Question

Designer17

Need advice ASAP-buying house
My fiance and I are trying to buy a house with a no money down RD loan. We were declined because my credit score was too low (635). My credit took a hit several years ago when I lost my job. I had a credit card that went to collections. Once I started working, I paid the card off in full in 2010 and closed the account. I just learned that Equifax and transunion show that I still owe $1,095 and that there is a CLS on the account. I had the credit card company fax over a letter stating I paid in full and I opened a dispute with equifax and transunion.

Does anyone know how much this error is affecting my credit score?

A couple of years ago, I had a medical bill for $100 go to collection. My insurance had covered everything except this, which I didn't realize until I got a collection notice. I paid it full within the past year or so. The collection company told me that they couldn't remove it from my credit report. I feel like they lied to me.

How do I get this removed?

I also have two credit cards that I unintentionally missed one payment on because I had forgot. I've had the cards for years and have never missed any other payments. Both cards have a zero balance.

My leader is telling me that the late payments are the biggest reason for being declined which doesn't seem fair.

Any advice as to what I can do?