Question

bandmememberb

Nearly 100pts different from reality???
I get excited about having a 723 credit score on CreditKarma, and my face drops when at the dealership they tell me my real score is only 629. How is this an accurate credit report?

Most Helpful Response

First of all, You need to remember that

you have many many credit scores.  All lenders use different algoritiums to get scores for you.  There are literally thousands of lenders so you can have thousands of scores. Also remember that scores fluctuate almost daily depending on the activity in your credit report. 

CK scores tend to run on the low side when I compare them to my scores on other sites so its a little surprising the you would experience the opposite. 

You can ask for a copy of the report that they recieved and foillow up with that reporting agency to find out what is in your file that caused the lower score.  You may find that they used a score from an in-house credit department and that info can be seriously out of date.

hope some of this helps!