Question

Cleaninupmycredit

Navient reporting Sallie Mae information....
Ok, to make this short and sweet, my student loans were behind when it was Sallie Mae, before NAVIENT bought them out in October 2014. NOW, since Sallie Mae is no longer servicing my loans, its on my credit report as 0 payments past due (yay for me a little bit) BUT NAVIENT is reporting my loans as past due from the SALLIE MAE time period... Can NAVIENT update this information since NAVIENT didnt own the loan at that time and regardless if payments were late or not (yes, they were late), can NAVIENT report this information? Do i have a chance of getting any of the late payments reported removed, as they are the only late payments on my credit report now?

SallieMae.....

I have 5 SallieMae student loans on my credit report that have been paid off between 2003 and 2007.Some payments were late but they have all 5 been paid off for over 7 years. They are also the worst thing on my credit report and hurts my credit badly. They also say 0 balance because they have been paid off but they are still sitting there on my credit report hurting me everytime I attemp to do anything. I'm honestly not sure what to do about them and I'm trying to find answers.

Navient Mis-reporting

I  realize this follow up is over a year since the original poster, but I have the same problem!  I even submitted a dispute and it was refuted...how on earth can they justify this?  My problem is that in the 15 years I had a Sallie Mae account I had two missed payments in 2011.  My account was transferred to Navient in 2013...but in my credit report BOTH accounts are listed as if they held the account the entire life of the loan, when they did not.  When I submitted my dispute, it was clear that these two missed payments were being incorrectly reported because Sallie Mae reported them AND Navient reported them.  How can Navient report them when they didn't even own the account?  How does a dispute get rejected for that when it is plainly obvious?  This is so frustrating that companies are allowed to incorrectly report this stuff, even upon getting a dispute inquiry, and suffer zero consequences.  I'm sure if I threatened to sue them for whatever reason they probably would react then.  What other recourse do I have?

Navient now handles the student loan collection and can report these as late because that is the history to date.  And nothing can be done to erase that information.Only time may remove the late payment notices, providing you are making consistent, on-time payments now.  And student loans are collectable until paid in full, no matter how long it takes.  That was one of the "perks" the student loan industry got in the rewriting of bankruptcy law over 20 years ago.