Question

TLM323

National Debt Relief
My credit score is dropping because I joined a Debt Relief program. Which was expected. I have NEVER not paid a bill on time (in my life). A divorce caused this debt. My question ... credit reporters see me not paying my cc bills, but, they don't see me paying a debt consolidation company $350 a month, to manage my debt! I am doing what I have to, to survive, and being penalized for it. I could have claimed bankruptcy and walked away from it all. But, I will be paying THEM for 3 years. Does anyone agree the reporting system needs to change?

Most Helpful Response

The reporting system is not going

to change.....  But the scam that the "Debt Relief" is running needs to.  you would have been better off paying that 350 a month towards your debts than to them "not to pay your debts".   The truth is that these "Debt management companies" do nothing but charge you to make your payments for you. Thats all they do. So why pay them?  

IF YOU ARE NOT SEEING ANY FORWARD MOMENTUM IN YOUR REPORT/SCORE, THEN IT IS A SCAM AND NEEDS TO BE REPORTED TO THE FTC.   

Good Luck