Question

LoanMinnow

My student loan is my only closed-end credit. Will paying off my loan hurt my score?
I can pay off my loan, but i don't want it to hurt my score. I was thinking of keeping a small amount of money in that loan (but keep paying of the 4.5% interest) to have a type of debt instead of revolving credit. Or is it better to pay it off?

Better to pay it off.  Continuing to pay interest on any debt for longer than you absolutely have to is stupid. Please make the time to read the articles on this site so you can better understand how credit works.  I did, and made the needed changes, and now enjoy an excellent credit score, and I'm on a fixed income.