Question

garybzsr

My son and I have the same name except for the suffix. His credit cards is in my report. Why?
It would be nice if can add suffixes to your input account info.

Check reports, but beware!

That's very common. I understand that same names can create confusions and I also agree that you have to check your reports and get it all corrected. However, please be informed that sometimes this can become a real big hassle. I say that based on my experience. Me and my wife have nothing common except the last name and the home address. However, every time she has applied for a credit, the enquiry has been on my report, and this has happened in spite of taking all the precautions to keep her accounts separate from me.

The only way to go is to check the reports and file dispute, but this is a general advice anybody will provide. However, I wish that was as easy as "get set go". I wanted you to know that you have to keep a thorough record of every dispute you file. Keep in mind that you have to dispute every single error on every single report seperately. Please keep a paper trail of all communications if possible. If making a phone call, have a record of what has been spoken. I am not trying to scare you off, but just trying to tell you what I learnt from my experience. One occount of my wife is still being reported on two bureaus, in spite of me fighting to get it removed since last February. Please be patient, but persistent. Good luck.

Check your credit reports.

Some of the applications may or may not have a place for putting a suffix.  You and your son are really going to have to keep track okf your credit reports so problems do not arise.  Go to freeannualreport.com and get your credit reports.  File disputes on the errors which the credit bureau will have to investigate and either verify or delete. 

Since you and your son have different Social Security Numbers, you'd think these things wouldn't happen, but they do.  Humans put in the data and are quite imperfect.