Question

Posted in Site Suggestions

pices71

My Social security card was stole.
How do i keep somone else from opening a credit account or buying anything useing my social security number?

Most Helpful Response

Act Fast!!

First, notify the police.  Then, almost as fast, contact the Social Security Administration to let them know.  Follow their instructions.  They might notify the credit bureaus for you, but if they don't you must and also have them put a "fraud alert" on your file.  This will make it necessary to notify you if anyone tries opening an account with your number.

Losing your card is sooo dangerous.  Hope this won't be too detrimental to you.

In the future, please leave your Social Security card in lock box at home.  You seldom need this card every day and usually know ahead of time if someone will want to see it.

fraud

someone opened several credit cards in my name, what do I do?

I need help

Last week I checked my credit report and it showed some body open a account with Comcast and had it open for 2 years. I need help to close it. How ca n I close it and report this person