Question

dwayneshaw1

My score went down when I got a Credit Card..How long before it goes back up?
I signed up for this site a month ago. With a bankruptcy in oct,2005 and no credit history since, my score was around 660. I applied for, and got, an unsecured credit card with a $500 limit. The credit inquiry knocked my score down 40+ points to a 618??? I had to move recently and used $400 of the CC's $500 credit line...and made my first payment [more than minimum] on time...The credit card and payment do not show up on my report yet.
My question is, how long before the credit card and payments show up on my report?....And will I recover the lost 40+ points when it does?

Most Helpful Response

It's all a big game

Good luck with that. I did the same thing and experienced the same results. I have 2 CC and 100% on time payments yet my score went down even more recently. It's all BS and just another way to keep the working class in check.