Question

egriffin8708

My score is decreasing..help!
I have been actively attempting to raise my credit score. I have (2) credit cards..One card my utilization rate is 20% with the remaining one my utilization rate of 31%. I have a late payment on my car and student loan due to not confirming if the payment was actually processed when making an online payment. However, for the life of me..I can not understand why it is decreasing. Any suggestions? Should I not carry a balance on my card at all? I thought I had to carry a small balance.

I am still int he learning stages but here is what I have found. Carry a balance of no more than 10% over. Wehn you run it up, pay it doen before they report it to the agencies so your "high balance" is not reflected too high. I just recently got a few cash rewards cards and plan to start using them to pay my monthly bills to get the cash back and then pay them off. Hope this helps. if I am wrong I am sure others will chime in. 

Sorry for the spelling errors. It won't let me edit it now.