Question

patriotsfan0913

my score dropped 32 points after I opened kohl's credit card. should I cancel it?
Went from excellent to good. Should I get rid of it? Does that hurt chances of getting an apartment?

A drop in credit score always has the potential to affect any future lending opportunities (especially when it's a significant drop like yours was), but keep in mind that closing the credit card will also have a negative impact on your credit score, and that one will be harder to recover from. Depending on how soon you're looking to get an apartment, your score may return to normal in the time it takes for you to be ready to rent. Remember that credit works as a long-term thing, so the best way to raise your score again is to use the Kohl's card responsibly (only using 10% or less of your limit and paying the balance off on-time every month). Once you've established a bit of responsible history with the card, your score should go back up, and your chances of being able to rent an apartment will greatly improve. I hope this helps! :)

As said, DO NOT CLOSE IT!!