Question

LucidSound

My score dropped 130 points for high credit utilization on one card. How long until it bounces back?
My score was 760 and dropped 130 points, naturally right when I am going through some unexpected events and now in the market to buy a home before I was quite ready. Now my score is 635 and I am slightly panicked. I have several cards, most unused or super low balances that I pay off every month. I put my vacation on one card, and am working on getting that down, and gifts for the holidays maxed out a different card, but I promptly paid it off (card I use as cash). I am hoping to have the high card paid off in the next 1-2 months - ASAP. How long will it take for my credit t to bounce back? That is my biggest question. Also any advice or help would of course be appreciated. I was so proud my score and working on getting over 800. I knew it would take a little ding with vacation and the holidays, but I had NO idea. Thank you Credit Karma community!

It should bounce back as soon as the balance on that card comes down especially if you're able to pay it off quickly. It's always a good rule of thumb to keep your credit card utilization under 20%.