Question

mrl72

My score dropped 100 points after selling my home
My scores have been a consistent mid-700s for past 5+ years. This month I sold my home and decided to rent for a year but over night my score dropped from 760 to 660!! This is crazy! How can something like this be normal or acceptable? Now I can't even get a decent rate on an auto loan and all I did was sell my house!!?

Selling your house in itself have no influence on your credit scores, what might affect your scores is if you no longer have a active moratage loan. There are always something else might cus your scores to drop then the obvious.... Your scores drop after you sold your house, therefore, your score dropped was cus by you selling your home...it isn't always true, most of time that kind of reasoning are false, especially when comes to credit scores.