Question

USAFlt

My score displays a credit card & debt I do not have. How do I rectify this situation?
My parents put my name on a credit card they are associated with nearly 8 years ago for a travel emergency. They have since "taken my name off" three times... And the company stated my name is not on the account any longer.

My credit report still reflects whatever balance my parents have on their card, how can I get rid of this?

You first obtain at least one, if not all three, of your free credit reports from annualcreditreport.com and review them carefully. Information shown here on CK is merely an indication of what is on your TransUnion report. Follow the steps at the big three credit bureaus to dispute anything found on your report that is not yours. They must investigate and remove information in error.

How your name appears on the card may determine how it is treated at the credit bureaus. Authorized users are not the same a account holders and you need to know exactly how your name is on the account.

Another thing to consider is this, having this account appear on your credit report may actually be helping your credit, but only you can see that for sure.