Question

Barrelhouse247

My report shows 3 credit cards, however I only have 1 credit card.
My report shows 3 credit cards, however I only have 1 credit card. How can this be? I have zero late payments, even on the "phantom" cards. This seems strange to me. It states that I have an Amex, and a chase card in addition to my actual card. I have never had an American Express or chase credit card. Not sure what to do.

It could be a mistake or someone could have opened a credit card with your identity. I would check the other two credit reporting agencies to see if those credit cards show up. I'm assuming you haven't pulled your credit reports yet this year since this is probably the first time you've seen something like this. Go to https://www.annualcreditreport.com and find out who's name the cards were open under.

You'll want to see if the accounts are still active or closed.

Also have you shopped at target? you could get free credit monitoring for a year from https://creditmonitoring.target.com