Question

idkfoley

my question is too long. pleases read details. it involves bankruptcy
my wife and I have a car financed together. we got railroaded because the loan is about $5,000 more than what the car is worth not including $7 a day in interest. we are young and knew nothing about car worth & we wanna get this car out of our hair. Anyway, she has her own credit issues as well and wants to file bankrupt. would she be able to Include the car since the car is in both of our names? or would I also have to file since my name is 1st on the loan?

Bankruptcy is a legal issue that is best discussed with an attorney specializing in this field.  Check the listings in the phone book.  Most bankruptcy attornies offer a free initial consultation and may offer alternatives to bankruptcy because they know bankruptcy will hurt your credit score for 10 years.  That's something to think about.