Question

Skyroh5

My parents/insurance company is ruining my credit?
So I recently turned 18 (About 6 months ago). I got approved for a student credit card with a $300 limit. About 2 months ago I tried for other credit cards that are supposed to have a higher approval rate but I got denied. Anyway I have recently started looking for a car. About a week ago I went to a dealership and I got denied, they informed me I owed $90 to an "A one" collections. I asked my parents about it and they said that it was probably a medical bill. They said the old medical insurance put it under everyone's names (even though I was like 14 at the time). I think this is making my credit bad. Other friends of mine started with a credit score of 650-700 and I started with 600. Is there a way I can remove this from my history? Or if my parents pay it, will it fix my credit score? Thanks,

Write a Validation Letter

Google it for a template and more info.  This would force the collection agency to prove that you are indeed resposible for the account, They have to have all the proper paperwork including a Signed copy of the original agreement.  If they can't they have to remove it from your credit report.