Question

ahannigan72

My name is on a home equity loan that is not mine any longer
I am recently divorced and my ex husband kept the house. We had a home equity loan which he agreed to pay, but the bank says that they cannot remove my name from the loan unless he refinances which he will not do. Is there a way to get this taken off of my credit report?

Most Helpful Response

No, there isn't.  If your ex doesnt refinace it in his name alone, you are stuck with it.  We see this question here all the time.  People think that credits follow the divorce decree and they do not.  I would also suggest there are no credit cards out there in both names.

call the credit pros 1-877-235-0324 they can help.