Question

benaf

my name is ben favata and i need someones help
i am a 23 year old single father, i have never in my life had a credit card or student loan or anything in this matter, yet i cant get anything because it says i have too many credit cards and stuff to my name,, someone is clearly useing my social and name.. can someone please point me in the right direction to getting things straight.. i have no idea where to start..

Relax!! Nothing is impossible.

First thing you need to do is get all 3 credit reports by going to freeannualreport.com and getting your reports from Experian, Equifax and Transunion.  Go over them very thoroughl;y annnnnnnd file disputes on items you know are not yours with the credit bureau that is reporting each item.  The bureaus have to investigate and either verify or delete the errors.

Make it your plan to get and check your credit reports every year. 

Also, DO NOT carry your Social Security card in your wallet.  Keep it in a small safe at home.  You only need it a fe times in your lifetime but that number is a gold mine to a thief!

Hope this helps.