Question

housestanding

My mortgage was sold, now USBank is tacking on disability insurance! Illegal?
There isn't a requirement for disability insurance in my old loan paperwork, simply the standard PMI due to me putting less than 20% down. But now that my loan has been sold, USBank has $30/month coming out of my escrow account for Cuna Mutual Disability insurance. I didn't sign up for it. When I called them, they said it is required because I haven't reached 20% equity. This can't be legal, right?

Most Helpful Response

Doesn't sound legal, but contact a consumer law attorney that knows the laws on this in your state. All in all though, it is a good idea to have it (when not forced).