Question

virginialily

My mortgage sold/transfer and my score tanked!!! HELP!
Hi,

Last month, I found out that my mortgage was sold from Bank of America to Selene finance, when I signed into Credit Karma and saw that the loan was 'paid off.' This week, Selene showed up on my credit report as a new loan and my credit rate dropped 55 points. I think I passed out a bit when I signed in and saw my score. I had NOTHING to do with this and I don't feel its fair for my credit to take a huge hit when Bofa decided to sell the portfolio my mortgage was in. Can I dispute this with the credit reporting agencies? Will it do any good? I have been working on repairing my credit for about a year. In July, I brought two new cars and my credit score dropped thirty points with all the credit inquiries, but no big deal. I was already on my way from recovering from that when this happened. This is huge. Any advise?

Mortgage Sold

Is it trade line for Selene listed on your report as "transferred" or "sold"? Accounts that reflect a status of "transferred, sold" are derogatory by nature. Unless this was a collection account which I assume it is not, I would dispute the trade line and ask them to remove the remarks from it. Hope this helps.

virginialily

I have to check to see what it says. I am definitely going to dispute it then. My score is lower now then when I first started trying to repair my credit!! All my accounts are current, and have been for over a year. My score should not be listed as very bad. 

This happen to me. I was told  this will level out.  One closes then another opens.  After a few payments on the new loan it will go up