Question

Jsophie1956

My mortgage is paid off. Does this still need to be on credit report?

Most Helpful Response

As already said, leave it on there!! Always leave accounts closed in good standing on your reports, they are very and I mean very benificial.

YES!

It's part of your credit history and will remain for at least 7 years or, if the payment record is good, even longer and this is very good.

My Paid off mortgage isn't showing

I paid off my 15 year mortgage that was refinanced so it was really a 23 year mortgage in April.  It has totally disapeared off of my credit report?? That is an important thing showing length of my credit.  Can I disput this on credit Karma or do I have to go to each of them and get it put on as paid in full with no late payments?