Question

Loyceann

my husbands credit card and car are showing up on my credit report. How do I have removed?
When I checked my credit report my husbands more expensive car loan and credit card showed up. I don't want his information on my report because it shows a debt to income ratio that is incorrect. How can I get his car and credit card removed from my report?

Most Helpful Response

His vs Mine

When companies pull a credit report on a married couple, what results is a joint report.  If you look down the left side of the report you will see that each entry has a numeric code in that first column.  Check the area of the report that is the description of each code to be sure it is marked as his debt.  If he purchased this vehicle before you were married then the debt should fully be his own.  If after you were married, it doesn't matter whose name is on the title, it is a marital debt and will show on both partners reports.

Related Question

So, what if it is a credit card of which I am an authorized user, but he opened it in 2006. We didn't get married until 2011, but the card is now on my credit karma. Is this correct?

Thanks

Husbands cc on my report

hello, i am having this issue and wondering if you found a solution?