Question

jillianmarie42

My husband put his mother on a credit card account without my consent. Now what?
My mother in law filed bankruptcy and doesn't work. My husband put her on our credit card account as an authorized user without my consent. I confronted my husband about it and we had a major argument that almost put us in divorce court. I then confronted my mother in law about it and told her that she could not use the card because I never consented to her having the card to begin with. She has continued to have this card in her possession and has made no attempt to give the card back to me. I have already contacted the bank about this mess. Now what should I do?

Most Helpful Response

Oh boy.  If only your husband had not given her the card or account numbers, then you'd be OK.  If you are on this account, you could probably have her removed as an authorized user, but of course you'll have to suffer the family consequences.  If you don't want to do that, then tell the bank YOU want off the card, so at least her future activity won't be on your credit report.  Best of luck.