Question

aquaworx

my husband has a zero credit score but a great paying job. How can he get a good score fast?
He has transferred to another state with the same company of 26 years. I own my home, but am self employed. Once I sell this house, I can pay off all debt and have @$150,000 for a down payment on a different house. My credit is good, his is not. I want to purchase another home but will need a small mortgage. HELP...

Most Helpful Response

have him go to capitalone.com and apply for the newcomers credit card after he is approved for the CC which he will be I did it when I had no credit history and made 8k a year.... will get a low limit like $500 but as long as he spends no more then $100 on it every month ie: keeps his utilization below 20%....pays it in full every month in 3-6 months hell have a scrore around 650....also taking out a small personal loan like $1,000 (cost him about $50 in interest) and then take the $1,000 + calculated interest ie:$45 open up a checking account and have them make auto payments out of the checking account and you never have to worry about it....credit scores about credit mix as well which is why i suggested the personal loan its cheaper then buying a car and paying a car loan + repairs