Question

MsBogart

My husband got CCs and used my name but I didn't know. He didn't pay and my credit is affected. ???
Is there anything I can do? He got two different credit cards and had me as an authorized user but I never even knew about the cards. Then he was super late paying a number of times and then settles for less than owed and closed the accounts. All of this reflects on my credit reports/scores. Is there anything I can do to keep these from effecting my credit?

Authorized users have no liability. You're only responsible for the debt(s) if you're a a joint co-signer.

Call the credit companies, and let them know. It should be a simple matter of removing your name.

Or you can use the direct dispute option on this website.  The matter will be investigated and your credit cleared, providing you are only an authorized user.