Question

fun5

my husband filed chapter 7 bankruptcy 6 months ago he file alone . does this affect my credit
I don't understand . my credit score was 80 before my husband filed Bankruptcy chapter 7 6 months
ago...

my credit has gone down so much I'm starting
to question some things..
I have been a victim of credit card fraud during
this past Christmas holiday ... someone has logged into
my bank account. .. .. All this happens after he files for bankruptcy
I pulled my credit report today off of credit karma
it alerted me to accounts that did not match up.
I would appreciate some help as far as advice
my mom always told me to keep a line of credit opened in my maiden
name it's not even showing up...
I'm shocked and i really don't know what to do.

Thank you very much

shell~

Most Helpful Response

Regarding the bankruptcy, in general, if one spouse files, then it doesn't affect the other spouse.  But, this depends on other issues, so you may want to have your husband quiz his bankruptcy attorney.

Regarding the ID theft, did you file any reports or claims?  Did you notify the credit bureaus so they could put a fraud alert on your file?  If not, do so now!

Lastly, pull a complete copy of your credit report from one of the three bureaus at www.annualcreditreport.com.  Dispute any errors with the creditors and all three bureaus.

Best of luck to you!