Question

JoanneHerr

My husband added me as authorized user and his account shows on my credit score
I was unaware that my husband had actually added me to his credit card after bankruptcy. He said he thought it was only authorized user (which I haven't used). I don't want his credit information on my credit report as he pays only minimum monthly. How do I get my name off this account? Anyone have suggestions?

Icuhowie is correct - call them and get yourself taken off.  Then wait about 30 days and write to all three credit bureaus.  Provide them with the account name & account number.  Tell them you are disputing this account because you are not an authorized user.  They'll verify that with the creditor and it should come off your report.  May take 1-3 months to get it done.  When you send the letter, be sure to send them 2 forms of ID so they know who you are.  Copy of driver's license, SS card, utility bill are all good choices.  They already have this info on you, so you are not in danger when sending this.  If you don't send it, they'll ignore your request and send you a form letter asking for proof of ID.  Good luck!