Question

ilmmaf

My first credit card, starting with a 712 score.
I am trying to figure out what I should do in terms of my first credit card. I got a card at Kay's Jewellery with a 330 limit and bought a 330 watch. I was thinking I would pay it off in 6 months for the best result.

Should I take the card and watch and and apply for a different card? I've been rejected by numerous credit card agencies. I read about getting some kind of card from the bank, but I am just very confused.

Is it better to get a card and buy some small stuff like $50 in gas and pay it off at the end of each month, or keep this watch and pay on it each month.

Please help!

Same position as you are

Hi, I am also like you first timer credit card but I have a great friend of mine who went to accounting school and gives good advices and it worked. I DEFINITELY SUGGEST you PAID OFF your credit card debt EVERY MONTH, don't wait for 6 months pay if off in a month if you can or less, don't try to keep it there and watch it for longer time.

You can try to apply for capital one bank after you open checking account with them because that's what i did or open a secured credit card or retail card if you want to Drastically increase your score.

Don't try to open or apply to many credit cards in 1 year, at least 3 times a year or you will hurt your credit score. You have to use your credit card not more than 25 percent of your limit, example credit limit $500, try to use not more than $250 and ALWAYS pay it off each month bill comes, in 6 months you will see your credit score increase !!

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS