Question

kjryan51

My Fingerhut Account has vanished!
It says that my credit limit of $1300.00 dollars has decreased by $1300.00. It also says my balance which is a little over 3 Hundred dollars is n/a. This has raised my utilization by 11 percent. I can't connect this creditor because it says the bank doesen't exist. What's going on? Does anyone know?

Most Helpful Response

Fingerhut Fresh start program

At the Beginnning of Nov 2013 I was approved for  $230 CL ON THE FRESH START PROGRAM. I purchased $187 worth. As soon as the bill came I paid off the entire amount. When I log onto my FH account its says i have graduated from the fs program and within 30 days i may be upgraded to a revolving credit account. I'm wondering if it in fact takes 30 days, and does it atimatically tunr into a revolving credit account? Any one with a FH Account who has had this happen , please share your experience! , Thanks

this has happened to me at least twice since Feb. 2013 when I started using CK. It will disappear for a month, then comes back the next.  Totally throws off my credit score cause I have a large limit and small balance.   Another thing to be aware of... FH likes to increase and decrease limits frquently to entice spending.  Also throws off credit score.  Once I pay it off I am not going to use it any more.  I will keep it open since it is 4 years old but I will keep 0% unilization.

Fingerhut account

Same thing happened to me... It will come back the next time fingerhut reports to the credit bureau... Only thing is that you will lose all payment history on the account, be it good or bad.

It seems like your finger hut account just recently became closed. You should check your detailed credit reports at annualcreditreport.com to see if the account is reported as closed.