Question

hoteo

My fico score on this site and sesame indicates 709 but when a car dealer pulled it it was 846. Why
I authorized a credit check to a chevy dealership to buy a new truck. They told me I had perfect credit and gave me a copy of the credit report (experian) showing a fico score of 846. Why is karma and sesame showing a score of 709? I question the acuracy of these sites. Sesame won't even respond to multiple inquiries.

Most Helpful Response

Well this is not your FICO score, your FICO score can only be ran through the FICO service. There are 3 credit reporting agencies (Transunion, experian, and equifax). CK uses only data from the Transunion service, but all three services can vary on your score because not everything reports the same. For example some late payments or hard inquiries may only be sent through one service and not the other. Scores by serives like FICO and VantageScore are different scores based on their own credit risk analysis and use of similar stats that CK shows you in your Credit Report Card. Some analyze all 3 credit reporting databases in order to come up with a score based upon all three models. Many companies choose to just run the FICO score as opposed to any of the 3 individual credit databases, but others choose to use one or more of the credit databases, it is just a case by case deal. I am omitting a lot of explanation because this could get lengthy, but I tried to provide you a brief snapshot into it. Hope that helps.