Question

SuMaSt

My Ex and his wives
My Ex of 13 years, his 1st wife, and his current wife, (#3), all showed on a credit report I received. How can I remove them? My son also appeared. It seemed they just added anyone who ever used our last name. I am on SSI-D, Medicaid, and Snap. I am now in Hospice.
I informed the credit card company of my dilemna and they said they would write off my debt; a card I'd had since the divorce which I'd never missed a payment on until I became extremely ill. (I'd also had a savings account with them.) I've never missed my shelter expenses; rent, utilities, etc.
I am not responsible for any problems that my EX or his other wives have had. (I know he lost a business.) What can I do?

Most Helpful Response

Go to annualcreditreport.com and get copies of all three credit reports.  Look them over very carefully and file disputes on all WRONG information (anyone but you) with the credit bureau reporting same.  They have to investigate and either verify or delete the items.  Doing an annual credit check yourself is the best way to keep the information correct.