Question

baron1701

My Equifax CK score just dropped 44 points to 578. My TU CK went up 64 points. What gives? : )
I had a few judgments that dropped of my reports in Jan. I was happy and felt It was a good opportunity to start the credit ball rolling and work toward a mortgage so I opened a secured Cap one. My scores jumped from 470s to 550s. From what I read for a HUD mortgage I need three tradelines for open one year in good standing. I added two more Cap one regular cards and a Credit One cars ( bad card - I know). I only have one medical collection for $410 that I am going to try a pay for delete and a Verizon collection for $208 that I plan to dispute.

My Trans Union CK is now 608 but my Equifax plummeted to 578 from 620. TU has two accounts and Equifax just posted all four. The cards are all $500 limits and I have used them a lot but I pay them off so they posted at $0.

Could opening the 4 cards drop the score 44 points?
How quickly will that come back?
I was hoping to try for a new card when my scores were higher that has a usable limit but now im not sure. My goal is to boost the credit score into the 680 range.

In order to determine the cause for any scoring change you have to caerfully review reports before and after the change.