Question

Posted in Saving Money

2015blessed

My eqifax is 491 what do I do
Want to rebuild with in 3 to 6 months what should I do

Page 1 of 2   Previous | Next

Mine was under 500 this time last year. Pay anything off that you can. Negotiate settlements for closed accounts and payment plans to bring open accounts current. Do not just close anything.

I had one closed charged off card that I was offered a settlement for so I paid it. That was January this year. I had two other cards that were behind (these are all store cards) and I brought each current with the amount they told me would bring it current. I then paid them off completely over the next few months. Those were all taken care of by June. In April, I got approved for a secured Capital One card. I liked that one because it was no annual fee and it was easy to get. They will have you put $49, $99, or $200 down based on your score which was also good because others wanted a $300-$500 deposit. I got approved for a $99 deposit and a $200 limit. I charged it and paid it off early every month. In October, my limit was upped to $500. At that time, I applied for a few other store cards and a Quicksilver One card from Capital One. Got approved by Capital One by $500 and approved for between $250 and $600 on the other cards I applied for. So now my total credit limits amounts to $3400. That appears to have upped my score. My score is now TU 624 and EQ 619. Still low, but over 100 points higher than it was this time last year. It does take time and there are no quick fixes.

Basically, try to clear up any collections or judgments you have. Research the best ways to do that. Pay anything off you can at the time. If you have no credit history, get a secured card ASAP. Keep your utilization low on any cards you get. That was what I did. If you have a couple missed payments and have some reason for them, write a good faith letter to the company and explain your situation. Some people have luck with that. A lot do not. I couldn't do it, but it is worth trying. You can Google the concept. Treat your credit cards like debit cards and do not spend money you don't have actual cash on hand for. Pay all your bills on time every month. It takes time but it will happen!

I GOT THIS

I HAD A 499 LAST MONTH... WHAT I DID WAS STARTED A SELF LENDER ACCOUNT WITH A $12 START-UP FEE AND $48.50 A MONTH AND $250 IN TOTAL. I ALSO STARTED A SHARED PLEDGE LOAN WITH MY BANK $250 DOWN $41.98 PER MONTH AND WHEN I MAKE PAYMENT IT GOES BACK INTO MY SAVINGS ACCOUNT EVERY $41.98 PAID, A DOUBLE PLUS PLUS....  THIS MONTH MY SCORE IS A 565 AND THATS JUST THE FIRST MONTH. 

MT1373

Can you tell me what bank this was with? I am trying to buy a house and I need to fix my credit in the quickest way possible.

Get a tracker loan, try a secured card. Pay on time, don't use more than you need. Pay as near to full as you can and be patient. It does take time.

gotta be patient

It's a long journey to build up your credit, it cannot be fast like couple months, it takes at least 1 year to know. Here are some advices that I give you from my own experience. 

1/ Always pay your payment on time, eventhough it's just minimum payment, it still need to be paid before the deadline.

2/ Open a secure credit card, and deposit amount of money which is your credit line that you are sure you can pay for it. If you can, just use 9% of your credit line, remember only 9%.

3/ Just pay in full amount if you can to avoid the interest. 

4/ Ask somebody that you trust and who trust you to add you as an authorized user to boost up your credit score.

5/ Pay all of your debt in the past, althougt you can deal with them to pay it up in a period of time.

CariWI

Thank you, Vince T570 for your clear advice :)

furstsmile

Vincet570, can you tell me more about this   "Enter Your ReplyAsk somebody that you trust and who trust you to add you as an authorized user to boost up your credit score." how does this work?

FICO

My answer will always be this, take a look at the FICO score and you will know exactly what to do. My credit repair company gave it to me before I even signed up so that I could refer to it and make better use of my credit. Oay bills down to 30% or less, dont miss payments, get rid of collection account (but dont just pay them off go to the experts to have it removed) and dont keep applying for things. 

My credit score was 460 in August and i have managed to get it to 590 as of this week. You have to focus on all accounts. I paid off an item in collection and it jumped my score up greatly which allowed me to be accepted for a credit card which continues to increase my Score (as long as you pay it off and dont max it out). It doesnt matter how little you pay on something. As long as you pay your minumum amounts on open accounts and pay something on your closed ones it will start increasing drastically.

Pay down

There is no easy, fast way to repair your credit, the only way to get it better is to pay off what you owe. Now if it's been on your credit report past 7 years you may ask to have some things removed and the could boost your score significantly. Another thing you can try is to pay off all your debt by consolidating it, just watch the interest rates if you take a loan to pay it off. Start wutg small things you owe first pay them off. As you pay them off take that money and put it towards the next smallest bill until all are paid. Once paid try never spending more than 1/4 of you credit limit and if you but something pay the card right away.

One Additional point

Be wary of Cable companies, Like Cox Communications. They will Ding your credit even if there's no Reason to, and you've Instructed them Not to

Also SLING is cheaper than Cable, however they Never admit mistakes. And, if you ever have a Disagreement w./ Them, they will Destroy your Credit Rating. Even just once

Start reading all you can under credit scores on this site.

Rebuild within 6 months

Trinity Credit services can help. Also, you may want to invest in a book by Dave Ramsey called Total Money Makeover. Most importantly keep GOD and your tithes and offerings FIRST!!! GOD bless you in JESUS' name.

erincarrigan

Yes. Do not pay your bills or buy food before giving the church your money! God wants you homeless and starving while megachurches collect your cash and pay no taxes on it!

gryf

Doesn't have to be tithe to a church. ....but trust me. Even when you're up sh*t creek, look to what you can give / do / participate in the betterment of your community.

Page 1 of 2   Previous | Next