Question

janjoy50

my deceased husband's credit card shows up on my report, how can I get it removed?
My credit score isn't terrible; but I'd like this removed from my score; it's not a debt in my name.

Most Helpful Response

Contact the credit bureaus

If this is solely your deceased husband's card and you are not a co-signer, you should be able to get the record corrected just by asking the credit bureaus to do so: http://www.creditinfocenter.com/creditreports/CreditBureauContactInfohtm.shtml

This was helpful, but what if you were a co-signer, never used cards, and want them removed?