Question

daughterrrrr

my daughter has no credit how can i help

Most Helpful Response

I wouldn't co-sign on a loan, because if she doesn't pay for any reason  you'll be responsible. This will go on your credit report too.  I would only add her as an authorized user on a credit card, if you keep the card. You could charge a few things online and make sure the balance is paid. Ideally have her get a secured credit card.  The credit company will ask for $300, then. give her a $300 limit. She should charge no more than $50 at a time before paying it off.  

I realize you want to help her, but if you read all the horrible scenarios that have occurred by people co-signing, you'll understand why I discourage this.

Co-sign a loan for her. Add her as an authorized user on one of your credit cards. Or tell her she could get her own secured credit card.