Question

centara

My dad has me listed on his credit cards. Should I have my name removed now that I'm an adult?
My dad included my name on two of his credit cards so I would receive one for my use, as well as to improve my credit score. I just finished college and am completely on my own now and my credit score is holding up on its own, but I'm still listed on those accounts. Should I get my name removed from these accounts? Will that drop my credit score?

Most Helpful Response

Are you considered an "owner"?

If you did not sign a responsiblility agreement or what ever it is called, you are not responsible for your Father's debts on this card nor does it go on your credit report.  If you are listed as an "owner" and it is on your credit report, then taking your name off could lower your score.  Check with the card companies to see if you are considered an "owner".  I put owner in "  " because I haven't a clue what the correct term is.