Question

lhdez1984

MY CS DROPPED 35 PTS. WITH 2 NEW CREDIT CARDS
Hi There! Maybe you all can help me! I am really trying to build up me credit score here. I have been approved for 2 credit cards in the past month. Kay Jewelers for 3K and the Barclay's Finance for Apple for 2K. The problem is, I thought that this would have a positive impact since this greatly increased my overall CCU. (currently 18%) Instead my score suffered a major hit of 35 points. I don't understand! =( PLEASE HELP!

It's not unusual for new accounts to cause an initial drop in your credit score, due to the hard inquiries added to your report. Please read this article to learn more: https://www.creditkarma.com/article/MyScoreDroppedWhy

Hope that helps!