Question

zuzu9391

My Credt Score is 778, why is my Credit Card Limit Activity Grade C ?
I have a fair amount of available Credit., and only have $162.00 outstanding on my credit cards, yet I only score a C on my Credit Card Activity. Even worse, my Home Insurance Score puts me in the POOR Credit ratings. My house is paid off, and in 28 years I have not made any claims to any Home Insurance Company . Should I rake up a bunch of credit , only to raise my Score?

Most Helpful Response

first off your homeowner's insurance score is pointless no one uses that for anything....2nd you state you have FAIR amount of available credit....ie: lets say $5,000 so in order for it to register as 1% you would have to use ATLEAST $500 per month on your CC's in total ans make sure each card is using atleast 1% of it total available limit and FYI 0% credit utilization is just as bad as using 35% of your limit and if you do "rack" up a bunch of credit in one month be sure to only put on there what you can pay in full when the bill comes in for that month

zuzu9391

jrhenry11, thanks for the advise, I am a senior and I don't really want or need a lot. In May I purchased a 2013 Town & Country for $36,000.00 ...that should be enough debt toward my credit worthyness. You are right, as for the homewner's insurance score no one cares as long as you pay your bills. I think I'll keep that low credit limit activity score and not worry about over extending my credit or my monthly payment's.

Credit Karma activity C

Credit Karma activity C means you are in a group of Credit Karma users that have a super low utilization.  This impacts your score in a very good way.  Unfortunately there are people in this group who do not use their cards because they are bad credit risks for other reasons.  

You can use your cards every month, pay them off before billed and still keep you’re rating intact.   Show me anywhere where you will be penalized for having superior money management.  Quizzle and Credit Sesame will confirm that lower utilization rates on active credit cards is better.

zuzu9391

Thanks, that's what I thought...I do not go out of my way just to purchase whatever, who cares what my credit activity shows, because if I really do need cash in a hurry, I can get it.

I am in the habit of paying my bills before they are due.

Thanks Sumflow.