Question

Posted in Site Suggestions

Truckdogg2000

My credit went bad after I had three surgeries for colon cancer and am now unemployable since 2009.
I am a disabled Veteran I have been unable to work since 2009, the only income I have is my disability every month, I can't catch up. My disability was cut by 20 percent and that makes it even harder.

Most Helpful Response

Why was your disability cut by 20%???  There has to be a solid reason given. I know because I am also a disabled vet.

Disability compensation is not garnishable except possibly for federal debts such as taxes on earned income, which you don't have right now.  Keep your expenses down as much as possible and utililze help from Senior and Disabled Services office. 

Your primary focus right now is basic survival (housing, utilities, food, clothing, transportation).  Try negotiating a settlement with the creditors if you can afford to.  Otherwise, you may just have to forget the debts and don't add any more.