Question

ZKevin

My credit was ran multiple time while searching for a car by the same car dealership.
My credit score was ran 11 times for the same car it was ran 4 times with a bank 3 with another 2 with another then with 2 different banks, is there anything I can do to delete some of the hard inquiries?

Most Helpful Response

The last time I financed a vehicle I did a lot of rate shopping and had the same thing happen. Don't worry too much about it. As long as the pulls were within a few weeks of one another and all for an auto loan, lenders realize this is for a single purchase and it should not impact your credit like trying to open eleven credit cards in a row would.

This is not unusual

I purchased a new car in January.  

I had a pre-approved loan from my credit union,  The dealer still ran my credit and did 2 inquiries without written permission.  Neither of which could compete with the 2% rate that I had from my credit union.  When I did the Dispute on the inquiries, I was informed by Experian, that because they have a relationship with the dealer,  i.e.  the dealer pays a monthly fee to them, that they had a right to run the inquiries. and they would not remove them.  

On the up side, from my research I found that when you purchase a car, and the multiple inquiries are run, you are not dinged for the multiple inquiries as ususal and they are all lumped together.  The resulting loan and that inquiry are the only ones that are actually counted in your score.  

Hope that helps.