Question

LenaMM

My credit scores went up 100 points when I got the bills off my report my ex was responsible for!
According to our divorce agreement, my ex was supposed to pay for my medical bills but never did. When I found this out, I sent all the paper work to Equifax and Transunion and now the collections are gone and my credit went up 100 points! I did send a "direct dispute" through Credit Karma first for one account but it did not work. They didn't remove the bill! When I sent them the court papers showing my husband was responsible for my medical bills they took them off. I'm so happy! If you are divorced you don't have to suffer if your ex don't pay for bills he was supposed to according to the divorce papers. If you are thinking about getting a divorce you need to look into this too, don't get stuck with all the bills! Several people have told me that the bills would stay on my report since they were my bills, but now they are all gone! I learnt this from a book not on Credit Karma but I've learnt a lot here as well!

Congratulations on your dispute and your credit increase.   The court documents documented that you were not liable for the debt which was a great help in their decision.